Friday, May 27, 2016

The Great Ledbetter Texas flood by CWK

This post is much more unplanned and random than usual, but recent
storms in Texas gave the family more lake front property. Good time to
sell it maybe?. Ranch on deep water lake with floating cabins, barn,
and a submersible tractor; $49 Million (no mineral rights). Ok, so
maybe not.

Between Austin and Houston off of Highway 290 is at most a town with 20
structures in total known as Ledbetter Texas and just outside is my families ranch.
My grandfather purchased the ranch long before I first arrived on this earth and has since been purchased by my Parents. Too many memories to list, but one memory was when I jet skied with a friend from the front porch of the cabin as
water just barely reached it one year back in the 1990's. Normally the
cabin is not enjoying lake front views, but with the right amount of
rain and the nearby flood control lake installed by the core of
engineers and like magic you have a lake front view. This is the first
time any in the family have ever seen the water this high. Apparently
all the way both into and past the cabin up to the barn. To think with
all the flooding Texas, especially Cypress - Houston, it took rain last
night at the ranch to get my family to experience some flooding.

I'm assuming nobody in the family is planning to retire up to Ledbetter
Texas at least without obtaining more scuba diving training. Stay dry
and don't worry my Olive orchard outside Columbus Texas is doing just fine!

http://www.texasangeloil.com





No comments:

Post a Comment