Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Morning in the orchard by CWK

Our orchard producing Texas Angel Oil is outside of Columbus Texas on
what is considered the Northeastern edge of the golden triangle for
producing olives in Texas. Smothering humidity rising up from the Gulf
of Mexico mixed with a dry sandy loam and you get heaven for olive
trees. At least that's what I'm told and I'm not an expert....not yet.
I do know great extra virgin olive oil when I taste it and from my
vantage point the trees must love it. Arbequina, Coratina, and a host of
others work into the specialized blend that is Texas Angel Oil. Blend
you say? Yes, every olive oil I'm aware of (that's thousands) is
blended. Too much Arbequina too peppery, too much Coratina and it won't
cook right on the stove, but just right with one of the highest
Arbequina blends on the planet and you get my Texas Angel Oil extra
virgin olive oil. Did I mention most store bought olive oil is blended
with old olive oil? Instead of the word old I could use the word rancid,
industry secret is to cut fresh flavorful olive oil with old rancid
olive oil. No waste, sell it to your local grocery store, great price,
and Americans don't know olive oil is supposed to be fresh and your wine
old. Now you know and while some specialty gourmet shops carry my oil,
I don't know if I can produce enough olive oil for the volume a H.E.B.,
Kroger, Randall's, Central Market, Whole Foods, or Brookshire Brothers
grocery stores could muster. Fresh all natural does have it's limits,
but taste is not one of them.

Try my Texas Angel Oil extra virgin olive oil and if you don't agree
it's the best you have ever tried; I'll refund you in full!

http://www.texasangeloil.com





No comments:

Post a Comment