Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy July 4th or Independence Day #2 for us. -By Skyla



As I sit here in Cypress Texas wondering how I was blessed enough to be in the only state in the U.S. that celebrates Independence Day twice I wonder what I did.  Do I just have the favor of God?  Is my ego just out of control?  I am my father's daughter after all and I know he posted in the past about having to keep his considerable ego in check.  OK I'm getting off topic this Fourth of July post, we need to talk about Fourth of July stuff.  I now realize that most people don't know the true story about Fourth of July or how it came to be.  So how about a short "made up" story on it.  It all started in England when a bunch of people realized that they did not have enough hot dogs.  So these lovers of the dog wahoo'd some ships landed in the America's and thus began the great Hot Dog war.  It was a short war since England discovered that my dad will put sauerkraut on his hot dog.  Nobody on earth likes or is able to eat sauerkraut other than my dad and so the great Hot Dog war ended. My dad was a soldier and apparently his training allowed him to endure cruel and unusual punishments like eating sauerkraut.  How is it that the dad who came up the with the special blend of 4 types of olives to make our perfect Texas Angel Oil extra virgin olive oil have any taste buds left after eating sauerkraut.

We my never know.

Happy Independence Day #2!!  Love, Skyla








No comments:

Post a Comment